About St. Louis Skin Solutions
If you do too much it's going to lose its effectiveness. I started painting as a hobby when I was little. I didn't know I had any talent. I believe talent is just a pursued interest. Anybody can do what I do. I was blessed with a very steady hand; and it comes in very handy when you're doing these little delicate things. The little tiny Tim easels will let you down. We'll take a little bit of Van Dyke Brown. We'll throw some old gray clouds in here just sneaking around and having fun.
Talk to trees, look at the birds. Whatever it takes. They say everything looks better with odd numbers of things. But sometimes I put even numbers—just to upset the critics. We artists are a different breed of people. We're a happy bunch. If you didn't have baby clouds, you wouldn't have big clouds. Let your imagination be your guide.
Dr. Amy Miller
Dr. Amy Miller, a board certified physician, is a 1996 graduate of the St. Louis University School of Medicine. She has been practicing aesthetics, laser surgery, and nontraditional dermatology since January 2004 at her office St. Louis Skin Solutions in Des Peres, MO. She is an adjunct professor of family medicine and teaches interested medical students and residents the art and science of aesthetic medicine. She is also a national trainer for advanced injection techniques and teaches physicians from around the country how to use medical lasers in their aesthetic practice. A former Miss Seattle and Mrs. Missouri International, Dr. Miller helps people from all over the world discover their own beauty.
Dr. Miller and her staff offer a wide variety of aesthetic procedures to enhance and highlight your own natural beauty. Her goal is to help you feel comfortable in your own skin, look your very best, and empower you to have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world.
She assists women and men from all over the world in discovering the potential that aesthetic medicine has to offer. She knows from experience that the resulting improvements on the outside have a positive effect on a person's inner voice and perception of themselves. She helps remove negative perceptions that people feel about themselves when looking in the mirror, and empowers them to be confident in themselves and their abilities. She was named Top Aesthetic Medicine Specialist in the US in the Winter 2013. The award recognizes her expertise in helping their 61,412 members. She won the Best Facial Injectable Filler at the 3rd Annual Aesthetic Awards in May of 2013. This award was given for her wonderful work with Artefill.
Dr. Miller is married and is also a mother of 3 boys.
Memberships and Certifications include:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Board Certified by The American Board of Family Medicine
- Board Certified by The American Board of Laser Surgery
- Board Certified by American Board of Mesotherapy
- A member of The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- A member of International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons
- A member of The American College of Phlebology
- A member of the American Society for Photodynamic Therapy
- A member of American Academy of Family Physicians
- A member of The International Meso-Lipotherapy Society
- Board member of the St. Louis Academy of Family Physicians
- Member of the staff at St. Luke's Hospital in Chesterfield, and works occasionally in their Urgent Care centers
- International Society of Cosmetogynecology
- Certified Medical Laser Safety Officer- February 2007
- Laserscope Hands on Surgical Lasers - Dec 2003
- NPI Medical Education of Sclerotherapy - March 2004
- Obagi Professional Course - October 2004
- Laserscope Advanced Training - November 2004
- Benchmark Medical International Lipo-Mesotherapy Training – April 2005
- Contour Thread Lift Skills Course- Nov 2005
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthetic Surgery Workshops - Dec 2005
- Cutera Advancements in Lasers - April 2006
- Luminus Laser Applications - July 2006
- International Society of Cosmetogynecology (www.iscgyn.com) - August 2006 - Lipoplasty Under Local Anesthesia
- Empire Medical Training Sclerotherapy - August 2006
- Advanced Suturing-September 2006
- Dermatologic Procedures- September 2006
- Aesthetic Lasers- August 2006
- Exploring the Advantages of Botox Therapy- October 2006
- Exploring Laser Aesthetics - October 2006
- Training on SmoothShapes Laser - October 2008
- Training on Injection Techniques w/ Evolance - March 2009
- Mastering the Protocols for Hormone Replacement Therapy - July 2009
- Anti-Aging: Clinical Application for In-Office Procedures - September 2009
Lora began her aesthetic career as a make-up artist for Estée Lauder and Shisedo. She took her passion to the next level by attending the University of Spa and Cosmetology Arts in Springfield, Il, graduating in 2006. Lora’s education continued with post-graduate classes at the Dermal Institute in Chicago, IL.
Lora joined us at St. Louis Skin Solutions in 2010. She is a member of the American Society of LASERs in Medicine and Surgery. She is certified to operate the following LASERs: Lumenis, Eleme, Iridex, Lutronics, and Lasering USA and has HIPPA and OSHA regulation certifications. Lora has attended national meetings and education seminars in Chicago, St Louis and Phoenix. A personal goal is to exceed all patient expectations with the level of service and care given at every visit.
Amanda has years of experience in the beauty industry and a lifelong passion for esthetics. After graduating from Bradley University in Peoria, IL with a degree in Business Management and Administration, she pursued her passion for skin care at the University of Spa and Cosmetology Arts in Springfield, IL where she completed the esthetics program and gained licensing.
She began her aesthetic career as a laser technician where she worked with various laser platforms for 4 years. She then moved to Columbia, MO where she lived for several years, but has relocated to St. Louis to pursue her passion for esthetics. Amanda has attended national meetings and education seminars in Chicago, St Louis, San Francisco, Boston, and Dallas. Amanda is well-versed in a wide range of esthetic services and extremely knowledgeable about skincare.
Megan BrunMedical Assistant
The shadows are just like the highlights, but we're going in the opposite direction. It's beautiful - and we haven't even done anything to it yet. Maybe he has a little friend that lives right over here. You can't make a mistake. Anything that happens you can learn to use - and make something beautiful out of it. A little happy sunlight shining through there. This is your world.
I'm a water fanatic. I love water. When things happen - enjoy them. They're little gifts. Van Dyke Brown is a very nice brown, it's almost like a chocolate brown. Everybody's different. Trees are different. Let them all be individuals.